6 x 9, paperback, 272 pps.
A available in e-book formats and also in German.
A Holistic Guide from a Licensed Therapist and Trauma Survivor
Overcoming the shattering impacts of trauma is a hero’s journey. Here is a book written in everyday language that describes the challenges of coping with trauma, provides self-care tools, speaks frankly about therapy and medications (as well as alternatives), addresses important spiritual issues, and offers hope. The author, a psychotherapist, speaks here as someone who has taken the journey from helplessness to mastery.
With innovative insight into trauma-related difficulties, this book helps you:
- Understand trauma and its devastating impacts
- Identify symptoms of trauma(dissociation, numbing, etc.) and common mental health problems that stem from trauma
- Manage traumatic reactions and memories that arise
- Create a more balanced life that supports your recovery
- Select appropriate interventions (therapies, self-help groups, medications and alternatives)
- Recognize how far you’ve come in your healing and what you need to keep growing.
Complete with exercises, healing stories, points to remember, and resources, this is a perfect companion for anyone seeking to reclaim their life from the devastating impacts of trauma.
Table of Contents
Foreword by Robert C. Scaer, MD
1. Shit Happens
2. It’s a Body Thing
3. The Footprints of Trauma
4. Trauma-Related Disorders
5. The Journey of Healing
6. How to Choose the Right Helpers
7. Selecting Your Interventions
8. Tools for Dealing with Trauma
9. Tools for Living
10. Spiritual Issues
11. Ain’t Broke No More
12. My Story